Related scientific publications
Links to online scientific magazines with articles that directly relate to our work on a therapeutic vaccine for autoimmune diseases
Complementary peptide vaccine in Myasthenia Gravis (MG)
- Possible Therapeutic Vaccines for Canine Myasthenia Gravis: Implication for the Human Disease and Associated Fatigue
Galin, F. Shawn , Cheryl L. Chrisman, James R. Cook Jr., Likang Xu, Patricia L. Jackson, Brett D. Noerager, Nathaniel M. Weathington and J. Edwin Blalock
Brain, Behavior, and Immunity, Volume 21, Issue 3, March 2007, Pages 323-331
- Molecular recognition theory and sense-antisense interaction: therapeutic applications in autoimmunity
Hardison MT and J. Edwin Blalock
Front Biosci (Elite Ed). 2012 Jan 1;4:1864-70. doi: 10.2741/508. PMID: 22202003; PMCID: PMC4107873.
- Rational design of peptide vaccines for autoimmune disease: harnessing molecular recognition to fix a broken network
Weathington, Nathaniel M. and J. Edwin Blalock
Expert Review of Vaccines, Vol. 2, No. 1, Pages 61-73, 2003
McAnally, James L. , Likang Xu, Matteo Villain and J.Edwin Blalock
Exp Biol Med Vo. 226(4): 307-311, 2001
- Prevention and Reversal of Experimental Autoimmune Myasthenia Gravis by a Monoclonal Antibody against Acetylcholine Receptor-Specific T Cells
Xu, L., M. Villain, F.S. Galin, S. Araga, and J.E. Blalock.
Cellular Immunology 208, 107-114, 2001
- A peptide vaccine that prevents experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis by specifically blocking T cell help
Araga, Shigeru , Likang Xu, Kenji Nakashima, Matteo Villain and J. Edwin Blalock
FASEB J. 14: 185-196, 2000
- Prevention of Experimental Autoimmune Myasthenia Gravis by a Monoclonal Antibody to a Complementary Peptide for the Main Immunogenic Region of the Acetylcholine Receptor
Araga, S., F.S. Galin, M. Kishimoto, A. Adachi, and J.E. Blalock.
The Journal of Immunology, 157: 386-392, 1996
- Use of Complementary Peptides and Their Antibodies in B-Cell-Mediated Autoimmune Disease: Prevention of Experimental Autoimmune Myasthenia Gravis with a Peptide Vaccine
Araga, S. and J.E. Blalock.
IMMUNOMETHODS 5, 130-135, 1994
- Prevention of experimental autoimmune myasthenia gravis by manipulation of the immune network with a complementary peptide for the acetylcholine receptor
Araga, S., R.D. LeBoeuf and J.E. Blalock.
Proc. Natl. Acad. Sci. USA Vol. 90 Immunology, 8747-8751, 1993
Complementary peptide vaccine in Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- An IgM anti-MBP Ab in the case of Waldenstrom’s macroglobulinemia with polyneuropathy expressing an idiotype reactive with an MBP epitope immunodominant in MS and EAE
Brett D. Noerager, Takashi Inuzuka, Jun-ichi Kira, J.Edwin Blalock, John N. Whitaker, F.Shawn Galin.
Journal of Neuroimmunology 113, 163-169, 2001
J.Edwin Blalock, Shan-Ren Zhou, Curtis C Maier, F.Shawn Galin, John N Whitaker.
Journal of Neuroimmunology 100, 98-101, 1999
- Active immunization with complementary peptide PBM 9-1: Preliminary evidence that it modululates experimental allergic encephalomyelitis in PL/J Mice and Lewis Rats
Zhou S-R, Whitaker JN.
J. Neurosci. Res. 45, 439–446, 1996
- Specific modulation of T-cells and murine experimental allergic encephalomyelitis by monoclonal anti-idiotypic antibodies
Zhou S-R, Whitaker JN.
J. Immunol. 150, 1629–1642, 1993
Complementary peptide vaccine in Guillain-Barré Syndrome (GBS)
- A complementary Peptite Vaccine That Induces T Cell Anergy and Prevents Experimental Allergic Neuritis in Lewis Rats
Araga, Shigeru, Masahiro Kishimoto, Sotoko Doi and Kenji Nakashima
Journal of Immunology, 163: 476-482, 1999